All vehicles manufactured after 1996
are equipped with OBD II (second generation On-Board Diagnostics). This change
in vehicles has created a need for a tool to retrieve the diagnostic information
for these newer vehicles. The Equus OBD II Code Reader is the tool you need to
retrieve important repair information from your vehicle's computer system and is
offered at an extraordinary price! This sophisticated new tool detects failures
in various vehicle systems, including fuel injection, ignition, catalyst, and
EGR. If a problem is found, the computer turns on the "Check Engine" light to
warn the driver and sets a Diagnostic Trouble Code to identify the system or
circuit where the problem is. Save yourself tons of money in unnecessary repairs
by pinpointing exactly where the problem is and repairing it accordingly. This
tool is a must-have for any OBD II compliant car owner. By Equus.
- Large easy-to-read LCD screen
- Retrieves both Generic (P0) and Manufacturer
specific (P1) diagnostic codes.
- Can link and retrieve codes in less than 10
- On a single digital screen, the tester
provides information of:
Status / I/M Readiness to determine if vehicle is ready for an emissions
- MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) status --
(1st code in sequence shows which code set the "Check Engine" light to go on)
- Current Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
- Alerts of any Pending Codes
- Auto-Monitoring function periodically
retrieves the latest code and I/M readiness status from a vehicle’s computer.
This gives the user the ability to verify if the repair was completed properly
and see if all the Monitors completed their diagnostic testing.
- ERASE button
clears stored computer codes, Monitor status and turns off "Check Engine"
- Includes a 6-foot removable and serviceable
Data Link Connector (DLC) cable
- Includes a detailed instruction manual in
English, French and Spanish with in-depth information on OBD II systems and
- Manual provides Manufacturer Specific (P1)
emissions code definitions for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota.
- Vehicle Coverage: All OBD II Compliant 1996
and newer vehicles
- Display: Graphic LCD 1" x ¾"
- Size: 3¼"(H) x 7¼"(W) x 1¼"(D)
- Power Supply: Internal = 3 AAA batteries;
Vehicle = 12 volt DC